Sunday, December 13, 2009

friendship


"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship."
I believe W. Blake was right when he wrote this. There is no place like home, many say. I believe it too. But what is home?

One of my friends asked me yesterday over the phone if I am homesick. Yes I was homesick. Because I miss, not only the splendid scenery of my little hamlet back home, but that warmth that only friends could give. That doesn't mean I haven't got friends here. I have got them, many. I was listening to country music, I mean that kind that could be so country wild, so soul-stirring. The lyrics reached me from the past. And I thought of when and where I first learnt to appreciate such music. I was recalled to friends as well as home. Nothing is so beautiful like friendship born of equal mind.

That is what home means to me. It is not the money that buys me all I need. It is not the comfort of the environment. Home to me is a very simple structure, not physical, composed of those intangible or little gestures that define human intercourse: frank conversations, joyous laughter, simple smiles and gentle cuddles... these are gestures we do not pay for. The most excellent things of life are gratuitous. We do not own them because we belong to one or the other race, to this or the other class. They are simply the extravagant bestowing of nature's bounty. There is home when we find a human who can think the same thoughts with us and share in our laughter as well as in our tears. Our most secure shelter is in the friend we have got. Period!

No comments:

welcome to the WORLD OF HAVEN VALLEY

I am not a cut different from the ordinary human who walks the street. But in my journey, I strive to understand the music that surges from the wide worlds within every individual, that which makes him/her that fragile and sacred at the same time. I have found myself sometimes looking at someone farting with thumps-up as though goading him on to sanity. Seemingly meaningless things have been things that have communicated sense to me especially during louring hours. That is what this journal is. I offer these thoughts to the world with wonted pleasure and gratitude to all that awakens the human in me.

Search This Blog

Followers